- On Tuesday (11/6) we'll be having a special Election day camp from 8am to 4pm. The registration forms are at Dojang with more details.
- The date for this year's black belt physical test is set for Saturday (11/17) at 10am til finish. This event is for
everyone as always including family and friends. We will gather at the Salem High School track at 10am to do
100M dash and 1.5 mile run then we will all come back to Dojang to complete the rest. Since it will take place in
November at the track, you may want to bundle up a bit. There will be no classes on this day.
- We have a lot of students who will be competing at the upcoming Taekwondo competition in Lowell in November.
We will hold two special seminars to help my students get better prepared. The first one will take place
after the testing on Sat (10/27) from 12pm to 2pm. If you're attending, you may want to pack some snacks. And
the second one will be on Sat (11/03) from 12:10pm to 2:10pm after the last class.
- Our annual Halloween party at the Dojang will be on Thursday (10/25) from 6pm to 8pm. It is a pot-luck event,
please make sure to sign-up. The sign-up sheet is at the Dojang. There will be no classes on this day.
- October color belt testing will be on Saturday (10/27) at 10am and there will be no classes. If you have the
final black stripe on your belt, you're qualified to test for your next belt.
- Note that the new Fall schedule is now in effect, check the schedule section of the website for details.
- Reminder that our annual summer camp starts tomorrow. For those who will attend the
camp, you should bring your dobok(uniform) & ddi(belt), nunchucks(if you have your own),
lunch, tooth paste & brush, a good book(no comic book), and you may also bring any board
games and DVD/Blue Ray movies. Drop off is at 9AM. Whoever brings the child must sign
the log book.
The normal class schedule will be in effect during the camp.
- We have begun registering for our summer camps that will take place from 7/16 (Mon)
to 7/20 (Fri) and 8/6 (Mon) to 8/10 (Fri). Spaces are limited so if you want to register,
I recommend that you hurry. Our class schedule will be normal during the camps.
- The Dojang will be closed for the 4th of July week from 7/2 (Mon) thru 7/7 (Sat) and
reopen on 7/9 (Mon).
- June testing will be on 6/23 (Sat) at 10AM. No classes on testing day.
- Dear students and parents, When you come to the Dojang next time you'll see the
'No street shoes beyond this point' signs on the floor at the end of our entrance ramp.
I've decided to implement this policy for various reasons. Shoes track in dirt, mud,
and sharp objects. Considering that our students do Taekwondo barefoot, I think such
a policy will definitely be a plus for all of us. Now that we have a new floor, the
timing seems to be right for this. Think of it as entering your own living room. I
hope this won't be a huge inconvenience for you and we shall all get used to it quickly.
Thank you very much for your future cooperation.
- The new summer schedule has been posted to the website, go to the schedule page for details.
- On Sat (5/19), We will be holding a special training session for all those who are going
to the upcoming Mass State Taekwondo competition. It will be from 12:10pm to 2pm right
after the last class on Sat.
- On May 20th (Sun) the 2012 MASS State Taekwondo Open Championship takes place in Norwood, MA.
Our Dojang will have a quite a big presence with 3 referees, multiple staff members, and a
lot of competitors. If you're interested in participating in the competition either as a
competitor or a volunteer staff member or both, please let me know. You can find all
this information at the Dojang.
- You can start wearing your Kian t-shirts instead of your normal dobok tops starting May 1st (Tue).
We have them for sale in the Dojang.
- April testing date has been set on 4/21 (Sat) at 10am.
- Please note that the Dojang will be CLOSED on Friday 3/2, it will be open on Saturday.